Do you know that the water you are drinking contains more than a million microorganisms?
Botulism and food poisoning are common due to poor water quality. Have you suffered from any so far?
Isn’t it scary to have a glass of water that isn’t safe for your health, and you know that?
We understand that with the increasing pollution levels, it has become hard to harness freshwater without any pollutants.
This is why you need to have the best UV water purifier in India. All the microbes and other biological components will be killed with this appliance, thereby making the water safe for drinking.
Top 7 Best UV Water Purifier In India 2022
1. V-Guard Zenora RO+UV+MB Water Purifier
Purification Method: 8 Stage process
Special Features: Smart LED Indicators
Dimensions: 34.5 x 20.5 x 45 cm
Warranty: 1 Year
Having 8 different purification stages, the RO-UV water purifier from Zenora has become one of the most bought products in the Indian market.
Several surveys have shown that the Zeno water purifier is made with parts meant to filter the Indian water types, which usually contain high amounts of sediment, silt, chemicals, and bacteria and microbes.
Even though the RO and UV are the two main filtration tubes used in the appliance, there are three pre-RO states: the dust filter, microbe filter, and sediment filter.
With LED indicators present at the front face, you won’t have any problem understanding whether the tank is full or not, the status of purification, and other such information.
- Can handle the water with TDS rate up to 2000ppm
- Has the perfect shape for both wall-mounted and counter-top arrangement
- Easy installation and advanced maintenance services
- Mineral balancer to maintain the helpful mineral content and pH of the water
- Water storing capacity could have been a bit more
2. Kent Ultra Storage
Purification Method: Multiple Stage
Special Features: NA
Dimensions: 50.6 x 43.2 x 31 cm
Warranty: 1 Year
Kent has been manufacturing and designing some of the best water purifiers for the past decade. This Ultra Storage water purifier is just another addition to the list.
It comes with an 8-liter water storage tank to store the purified water once the process is complete. Also, the purification technology is so advanced and fast, and it can handle 60 liters of water purification per hour.
Two types of filters are present in the purifier. The UV light chamber will kill all the bacteria, protozoa, and other water-borne microbes easily.
Apart from that, several chemical compounds are also destroyed in the UV chamber. Next comes the ultra-filtration chamber, where all the dead microbes and other particles are removed from the water.
- Can purify both the municipal and tap water
- Consists of UV and UF filters for better purification
- Fast purification rate
- A mineral balancer is not present in addition
3. HUL Pureit Marvella
Material: Food grade engineered plastic
Purification Method: 4 Stage process
Special Features: It can be used less than 200ppm
Dimensions: 32.1 x 47.2 x 26 cm
Warranty: 1 Year
Coming from the hands of one of India’s most trusted brands, PureIt, the HUL Marvella is the best UV water purifier in India for any kitchen fit.
The best thing about this filter appliance is the low power consumption, which is approximately 48 watts. This will save a lot of money on the monthly electric bills.
It is capable of filtering the water, having a TDS value of up to 2000 ppm. Ensure to check the ppm rating of the water supplied to your home before buying this water purifier.
3 different filtration chambers are present, including the RO chamber where molecules are removed.
The UV chamber where the microbes and other objects are killed or made disabled, and the MB filter, which balances the pH and restores the mineral content.
- Filters out the poisonous heavy metal molecules
- Produces pH balanced water
- No loss of nutrients
- Throws out 650 ml of water, causing wastage
4. Aquaguard Superb
Material: Food Grade Plastic
Purification Method: Double Purification
Special Features: LED Indicators
Dimensions: 53 x 51.4 x 31.4 cm
Warranty: 1 Year
Suppose you are looking for the next-gen water purification technology. In that case, the Aquaguard Superb purifier from Eureka Forbes is the ideal choice.
It comes with four distinct filtration chambers and allows you to get purified water, which is 99.99% safe for your health.
UF and RO filters are present at first, ensuring the fine filtration of chemicals from the water supply.
This arrangement is followed by the UV chamber, where the UV radiations are used to kill the microbes.
The last chamber is the mineral balancer, or MB, which restores both the pH and the mineral content of the filtered water.
It comes with a 6.5 liters water tank that will be enough for storing water for half the day.
As per the TDS rating, you can get this water purification system only if the input water supply has a TDS varying between 200 to 2000 ppm.
- Four filtration chambers to ensure perfect purification
- Clean and safe water dispensed at a faster rate
- LED indicator list to keep a track
- Electric consumption is a bit more as compared to other appliances
5. Havells UV Plus Water Purifier
Technology: UV & UF
Purification Method: 5 Stage process
Special Features: Smart Alerts
Dimensions: 27.3 x 38.2 x 49 cm
Warranty: 1 Year
Sometimes, the shape and structure of the water purifiers are so weird that fitting them inside the kitchen becomes quite difficult.
Either one needs to make more space or has to look for other options. However, this Havells UV Plus has managed to overcome all these restrictions.
It has an amazing shape, with a V-like front that has made greater area for the dispenser, and yet the appliance is space-efficient.
Unlike other Havells purifiers, this one has a 5-stage purification system, namely sediment cartridge, activated carbon chamber, UV chamber, UF cartridge, and the revitalizer cartridge.
The activated carbon and the UV filter ensure that the water does not contain a single trace of active heavy metal ions and living microbes.
The UF filter further filters the water while the revitalizer balances the mineral content and pH. iProtect technology will monitor the UV purification process constantly, and if defects are detected, the entire process stops.
- Low electric power consumption
- Five-stage purification for safe and healthy water
- Amicable water tank storage
- The wall-mounted arrangement is not ideal for this purifier
6. AO Smith Z1 UV Water Purifier
Purification Method: NA
Special Features: less than 200 TDS or municipal water
Dimensions: 62 x 44 x 44 cm
Warranty: 1 Year
Not every UV water purifier comes with both hot and cold-water dispensers. And this is why AO Smith has introduced their Z1 UV water purifier, which comes with dual dispenser nozzles with a display screen right at the top.
You can see the alerts for changing different purifier parts on this screen, including the UV lamp, which generates the radiations.
This is certainly the next level purifier with an option to get hot water at two different temperatures.
So, even if you need hot water for cooking, select the higher temperature, and voila! The appliance will boil the water to the required temperature and dispense it in no time.
Even though the filter appliance is of the advanced level, the TDS handling capacity can be a little upsetting for some people. AO Smith Z1 UV purifier can handle water having a TDS limit up to 200 ppm only.
- Sole UV technology available for best protection against germs
- Has a storage tank capacity of 10 liters
- Can be placed on the counter-top or arranged on the wall
- Can only handle water having a maximum of 200ppm
7. Blue Star Excella Water Purifier
Technology: RO + UV + UF
Purification Method: 7 Stage process
Special Features: Tank Full Indicator
Dimensions: 24.4 x 36.2 x 42.5 cm
Blue Star Excella is best to purify both the tap water and the one coming from the municipal supply.
Having a water tank storage capacity of 6-liters, this water purifier from Blue Star has become one of the best-chosen purifiers that you can have for your family.
It can be mounted on the kitchen walls, beside the backsplash, or the cabinets. If you don’t have any space on the wall, you can place it on the countertop to enhance your kitchen’s aesthetics.
Now coming to the features, this UV water purifier has a taste enhancer that will ensure no bitterness or extra saltiness is present in the water being dispensed.
With a 6-stage purification process, you will see dual filtration technologies- RO and UV.
The RO chamber will mainly work on the heavy elements present, while the UV chamber will work miraculously on the microbes present.
- Has an enhanced aesthetics
- Next-gen purification technology
- Double-layered filtration for better purification rate
- A separate mineral balancer is not present in the appliance
Buying Guide To Choose Best UV Water Purifier
Things to consider before buying a UV water purifier
- Capacity: The first thing you have to be worried about is the capacity of the storage tank. You get a 7-liter purifier for small family use. But for a large family, you will need a filter having 10 to 13 liters.
- UV lamp: Before finalizing the purifier, you need to check the warranty and efficiency of the UV lamp present inside the water purifier.
- Additional technologies: If you want complete water purification, you need to have either the RO or the UF technology from the UV chamber.
- Power consumption: As electricity is needed for the proper operation of the filter unit, you need to make sure that the UV filter is not using too much electric power.
What is UV purification?
UV purification is a technology where the UV radiations are produced and then used for killing the microbes and other biological contaminants.
Working of UV water purifier
As soon as the water enters the reactor chamber, the UV lamp will generate the radiations having the calibrated frequencies.
Since these are EM waves, the radiations will pass through the water and kill the microbes inside. Once the water is cleaned completely and doesn’t contain a single biological contaminant, it travels from the UV chamber to the next one.
Components inside a UV water purifier
- The reactor chamber
On the whole, this is the filtration chamber where the UV lamp, the controller, and the quartz sleeves are present.
- The UV lamp
This is the main component that generates the UV radiations of desired frequencies. Mercury droplets are inserted inside, which produce the wavelengths within the UV zone of the EMW spectrum.
- The quartz sleeve
This component encases the UV lamp and protects it from further damage. After all, the UV lamp will be electrified, and if it comes in contact with water, it can lead to a huge accident.
- Controller unit
The controller unit is beneficial for controlling the UV radiations which pass through the water, killing the microbes.
Advantages of UV water purification
- No chemical is used other than a cartridge that can generate UV radiation.
- It can destroy any microbes and prevent the spread of water-borne diseases.
- UV purification is a fast process.
Disadvantages of UV water purification
- The system isn’t effective in removing chemical contaminants like chlorine, heavy metals, cyanides, etc.
- UV purifiers cannot work without electricity and hence need to be installed near an electric output.
Who should purchase a UV water purifier?
There is, in fact, no restriction on the eligibility criteria for buying the water purifiers with UV chambers. Suppose your home is receiving the water supply directly from the main tank. In that case, it’s best to use UV water purifiers because they tend to have more microbe concentration.
The UV technology is ideal for those areas where the main water supply is not biologically clean, almost in every Indian area.
We have discussed the top 7 different names for the best UV water purifier in India. Now, based on what your requirements are, you have to make a perfect choice.
For example, the Blue Star Excella is ideal for advanced purification with top-class features.
On the other hand, the Aquaguard Superb comes with 4 different filtration chambers that will ensure the maximum purification of any water.