Hormone changes, plane flights, and a lot of salt will make your body retain a high amount of water. As you know, the human body is mainly made of water. So, if your hydration level is not balanced, the body will continue to hang on to that water.
The water retention procedure will make you feel heavier compared to normal. It will even make you feel less active or nimble. Most importantly, it will cause puffiness, bloating, swelling, etc.
Do you know water retention is one of the common health issues? It happens on a daily basis. There are various reasons for it, like the menstrual cycle, diet, and genetics. It is easy for you to relieve water retention by making some good lifestyle changes.
Symptoms Of Water Retention
The following are the symptoms of water retention –
- Swollen legs, ankles, and feet
- Bloating which would be common in the abdominal area
- Stiff joints
- Puffiness of the face, abdomen, and hips
- Weight fluctuations
- Indentation present in the skin, which is seen on your fingers when you have been in the shower or the bath for a long time.
Causes Of Water Retention
There are various factors causing water retention like the following –
- Flying In Airplane: The changes in the cabin pressure and sitting for a long period of time will lead to your body holding water for a long time.
- Sitting Or Standing Too Long: Gravity will help to keep your blood in the lower extremities. Here it is necessary to get up and often move around. This will help in keeping your blood circulation.